Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 28 November 2023
As part of the national Breast Screening Programme, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust provides a breast screening and follow-up assessment service for women between the ages of 50 and 70 years in South Birmingham. The current eligible population for this area is more than 39,000.
The breast screening service calls all women between 50 and 70 years by GP practice.
For the convenience of women, the initial screening is usually undertaken on a mobile breast screening van which travels to six sites over a three-year period:
- Selly Oak Health Centre, Katie Road
- Quinton Lane Care Centre
- Balsall Heath Centre
- Sparkbrook Health Centre
- Broadmeadow Clinic
- Longbridge Health and Community Centre
- All mammograms are reported by fully qualified film readers
- Result letters are sent to the patient and her GP – both are kept fully informed
- If further assessment is needed, this is undertaken in the Breast Assessment Unit at Birmingham Women's Hospital, which is a purpose-built unit with a friendly environment
- The service is sensitively based around maintaining the highest levels of privacy and dignity for all women
Face coverings must be worn and social distancing adhered to during screening appointments. All staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please contact the Breast Unit to rearrange your appointment.
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links to other websites will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of external web pages.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.