Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 24 September 2023
Cardiology: facilities, procedures and treatments
- one cardiology wards
- one coronary care units
- four catheter laboratories
- pacing clinic rooms
- rooms for investigations such as exercise testing and echocardiography
Procedures available for the treatment and diagnosis of heart disease include:
- cardiac catheterisation
- coronary angioplasty and stenting
- ablation for arrhythmias
- pacemakers, including biventricular devices (cardiac resynchronisation
- implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
- ASD and PFO closures
- VSD closure
- cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography)
- cardiac CT and MR imaging
- radionuclide imaging
There is also a comprehensive range of cardiac surgical treatments including:
- valve replacements
- bypass grafts
- heart transplantation
A full cardiac rehabilitation service is also provided to ensure that patients recover quickly and regain their quality of life after treatment.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.