Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 30 September 2023
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive clinical and laboratory haematology service.
The specialist medical and nursing staff operate the haematology ward and the day unit (with cell separator facilities), the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and the West Midlands Adult Comprehensive Care Haemophilia Centre (offering a direct referral service for the investigation and diagnosis of hereditary and acquired bleeding disorders and thrombophilia states).
- Regional referral centre for haematology and bone marrow transplants (one of only two centres in the West Midlands providing complex care for adults with haematological malignancy)
- Day unit facilities at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for daycases, plasma exchange and bone marrow harvesting
- Dedicated Macmillian sister/counsellor to support patients and carers between hospital and community
- Comprehensive investigative and management service for patients with bleeding, thrombotic disorders and also haemoglobulin disorders
- Specialist nursing staff and liaison with other specialist units including oncology
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.