Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 24 September 2023
The neurophysiology department provides a broad range of diagnostic tests to adult patients affected by symptoms which may indicate a neurological condition.
We perform approximately 12,000 investigations each year on both outpatient and inpatient adults.
Our department is actively involved in the training of student clinical physiologists; therefore, a student may perform or observe your test under supervision (your consent will be obtained prior to the start of any test).
Clinics and specialties
We perform the following investigations:
- Sleep-deprived EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Video EEG telemetry
- Multiple sleep latency EEG
- Evoked potentials (visual, somatosensory, brainstem, dermatomal)
- Nerve conduction studies and electromyography
- Outreach clinics for CTS/Ulnar (Royal Orthopaedic Hospital)
- Choose and book clinics for CTS
- Pre-operative spinal monitoring tests
- Single-fibre EMG
- EMG-guided botox
- Spinal monitoring
- Cranial monitoring
- Deep brain stimulation