Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 9 December 2022
The department is based away from the QEHB hospital site in the Warehouse and Procurement facility at Kings Norton Business Centre.
Procurement has responsibility for University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB).
The Procurement Department forms part of the Finance Directorate of UHB, with all purchasing activity falling within the specific organisational remit of the Head of Procurement. The Head of Procurement has organised the department to provide specialised commodity knowledge for goods and services purchased for the Trust. The department’s responsibility is to improve purchasing and supply chain activity throughout the Trust. The Trust has developed a supply strategy, which is reviewed at regular intervals.
The objectives of procurement are to:
- increase influence and control of non-pay expenditure by professional supply management
- achieve savings annually on influenced non-pay expenditure
- support and develop procurement staff
- improve professional practices
- constantly ensure good relationships are achieved both within the Trust and with external suppliers
- implement e-procurement
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.