Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 23 September 2023
The urology department provides a multidisciplinary service offering a broad range of diagnostic tests and treatments to adult patients across the West Midlands region requiring intervention for general urology conditions or specialist intervention for cancer, neuro-urological conditions, complex female urological conditions or male/female reconstructive surgery.
The clinical team comprises of seven consultant urologists and nine clinical nurse specialists. In addition, the department also has a 25 bed inpatient ward.
As the department is actively involved in the training of student nurses and doctors, a student may observe your test/treatment under supervision (your consent will be obtained).
Clinics and specialties
- Standard urodynamics studies
- Video urodynamics/urethral pressure profilometry
- Rapid access haematuria clinic
- Flexible cystoscopy
- Ultrasound bladder scan
- Prostate assessment
- Transrectal ultrasound and guided biopsies of the prostate
- Rapid access testicular clinic
- Erectile dysfunction clinic
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Teaching of clean intermittent self-catheterisation/dilatation
- Complex urinary catheter changes
- Intravesical bladder instillations
- Intravesical BCG treatment and mitomycin therapy for the treatment of superficial bladder tumours
- Extra shockwave corporeal lithotripsy
- Continence clinic/clinical continence support
- Trial without catheter clinic
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.