Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 27 January 2023
Going home after your liver transplant
You may experience a mixture of feelings when you are told you are ready to go home.
You might feel relieved and excited, but you may also feel apprehensive and anxious about how you will cope.
Prior to your discharge you will receive advice about what to do and what to expect when you get home. We will want to be certain that:
- you know all your tablets and are confident about what to take and when to take it
- you have been given two weeks' supply of tablets to take with you
- you are eating and drinking well enough
- you have a letter for your GP to book a district nurse to see to your wound
- you have an appointment to come back to clinic
The transplant co-ordinator will inform your GP that you are going home.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.