Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 24 September 2023
The BCHI assessment
The initial assessment will be with an audiologist and may last up to two hours. You are very welcome to bring a partner, family member or friend with you.
The assessment may involve the following:
- Discussion about your hearing loss, general health and reasons for referral
- Hearing test
- Assessment of your current hearing aids
- Discussion of the hearing options available to you – it may be that another type of aid may be more suitable for you
- Hearing aid refitting if appropriate
- Explanation of how the BCHI works
At the end of the assessment you will know whether your hearing loss is suitable for a BCHI and can decide if you wish to consider having one fitted. You will then be given an opportunity to have a home trial with a BCHI on a headband and a further review appointment will be booked.
If after the trial you decide to go ahead with a BCHI, an appointment will be booked with one of the consultants in the BCHI team to discuss surgery.